Thursday, May 21, 2009

Florida Trip!

Last week I flew to Fort Myers, Florida with Jamie. Travis met us there which I was very happy and excited about. We stayed at Jamie's mom's condo down there which was really nice (especially since we stayed for free). Jamie and I's trip had kind of a rough start. We had been up in the air for about 1/2 hour when the pilot came over the intercom and said that there was an unidentified object on the plane so we had to turn back around and go back to the airport that we had just left. Jamie and I could tell that the stewardess seemed really nervous. To be honest, I wasn't too worried at all, just upset that we had to turn around. When we landed shortly after, there were police cars and fire trucks waiting for us. It didn't take long before they announced that the 'unidentified object' was actually just a toy. A toy!! Can you believe that. We ended up getting into Florida 2 hours late. Once we landed, different stories were going around. Someone said that the stewardess said that it really was a bomb and someone else said that they said it was a toy that someone made to look like a bomb. I highly doubt it was real or else we would have had to evacuate that plane asap! For the five days in Florida, the weather didn't want to behave. It hadn't rained in months until the day we arrived. It was pouring when we arrived. Luckily, though it rained pretty much every day we were there, the mornings and first part of afternoons stayed clear. And when it rains there, it pours. Jamie, Travis, and I had a blast. We went to Sannibel Island, Fort Myers Beach, took an airboat ride to see alligators, got caught in a downpour playing miniature golf, ate lots of food, went on Jamie's grandfather's golf cart around the golf course, and took the 'Key West Express' boat to the Key West Island. The Key West Island was probably the favorite thing we did. The boat ride to the island and back was 3 1/2 hours each way, but it was fun. We saw dolphins swimming as we were headed out to sea. Then at Key West I saw my very first cruise ship which was huge though Jamie said it wasn't really that big compared to some. All 3 of us were sad to leave, but we had a great time. I was so glad to see Travis again after 3 months. Most of the Florida pics are on my facebook but I am putting my 2 favorite ones up here.


Travis, Me, and Jamie on boat to Key West Island


Taken after our airboat ride

No comments: