Friday, October 10, 2008

Jewish Holidays

Being back here living with a Jewish family has taught me lots of stuff I didn't know about the Jewish religion and their many different holidays. Yesterday was the Jewish holiday, Yom Kippur. In the evening, I went with the family to a friend of the families home. It was in their big house and were lots of people who I didn't know. This house even had an elevator in it. They had lots of fancy food. They had bagels with different meats and cheeses, plus a bunch of other stuff that I didnt know what it was. Either because it was Jewish food and I am not Jewish, or because it is rich people food and I am not rich haha! I am definitely learning and seeing some interesting stuff being back here!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

That is neat! I think it would be cool to learn about different traditions, etc. Sounds like you are enjoying yourself:)